Police notice about acid attacks!
Please find below some information on the Met's position on acid attacks across London. The reported offences where acid was used within Redbridge Borough during 2017 are extremely low. We are not aware of any race hate crimes involving the use of acid in Redbridge during the past 12 months.
• The Met police will not tolerate any attack using corrosive and noxious substances on anyone and will bring offenders to justice.
• We are working in partnership with forces nationally, the government and key industry stakeholders to reduce the opportunity of these offences being committed.
• We will engage with the CPS and the judiciary to shape any future changes to regulations, legislation and policy.
• We recognise the lasting impact on victims of corrosive attacks, and are improving our response through training, investment and joint working.
• We would appeal to all parents, teachers and other agencies who work with young people to challenge those they think may be carrying corrosive substances, and work to divert them from committing a serious offence or being injured themselves.
• We would encourage anyone who has been a victim of a corrosive attack to report it with confidence that you will be fully supported.
As always, if you have any concerns or information about acid attacks on Clementswood ward or the borough more generally please do not hesitate to contact the team on the details below.
PC 198 Jennifer Lang
Email - Clementswood.email@example.com
Tel - 020 8721 2027